View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

No problem at all. I live near the 70th St entrance/exit on freeway 8.

I can get to Coronado/Tidelands/Ferry Landing area in 16 minutes early in the morning for sunrise fishing.

Grand Carribe Shoreline Park in Coronado Cays is under 30 minutes.

La Jolla Shores is about 25 minutes

Lake Murray is 5 minutes.
Santee Lakes is easy, and probably better than Lake Murray. Lake Murray used to be more fun.

Lake Murray charges a city fee for using the lake on top of all the other taxes and fees we pay. They used to plant larger trout plus the smaller DFG pan size, but I think they cut back and only use DFG now. Not sure about that, but for me it's not the nice place to fish it once was. It's not as popular for fishing in general. Seems everyone has gone elsewhere. There is a limit to what people are willing to pay for what they don't get in return.

Further, the police who wear a Hawaiian shirt over their police pants and gun belt, and carry a fishing pole to sneek up and bust people for revenue tickets or whatever other reason they do it just pisses me off. We already pay too much for all this stupid crap they think they have to do. Beyond that is juvenile harassment in the form of uniformed police officers. Lake Murray depresses me. Kind of like going to the DMV or what's left of Mardi Gras in the Gaslamp District. Lake Murray is deserted compared to better days. Deservedly so, IMHO.

Getting to Mission Beach/Pacific Beach varies because of the local traffic congestion there. Depends on the time.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 08-04-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote