View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
spicolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfiend View Post
You can get topo details at Navionics site.

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en

The fleet has been fishing this area on and off since early July.
@fishingfiend - thank you - very nice site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfisher View Post
Honestly, I fish there at least 2-3 times a week and it's ok at best. Even with all the YT around this summer, I've noticed they come and go through this area. It has it's days when the fishing can be good, but a majority of the time it is slow. It definitely gets hammered by it's share of PB'ers (mostly in the afternoon after they come in offshore), and more recently, kayakers. The kind of structure near that kelp is nothing close to LJ, as it's sand bottom all the way out (besides the reef on the inside). Most fishfinder's will show you the contour lines your looking for.

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea of paddling out but just go out with lower expectations and you will have a great day ... and like you have learned, keep an eye on that surf.
@surfisher thanks for the info. I watched two PB'ers on Sunday zoom between the patties north & south of the power plant. I gotta imagine there is a lot of halibut there - I have caught a number of them drop shotting gulp minnows in the lagoon during tide swings. Thanks again for the info - I will definitely temper expectations and wait for a calm, low wind day. I don't have many opportunities during the week because this job thing gets in the way of fishing, and LJ is a zoo on the weekends during summer.
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote