View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
surfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicolly View Post
@fishingfiend - thank you - very nice site!

@surfisher thanks for the info. I watched two PB'ers on Sunday zoom between the patties north & south of the power plant. I gotta imagine there is a lot of halibut there - I have caught a number of them drop shotting gulp minnows in the lagoon during tide swings. Thanks again for the info - I will definitely temper expectations and wait for a calm, low wind day. I don't have many opportunities during the week because this job thing gets in the way of fishing, and LJ is a zoo on the weekends during summer.
If your looking for halibut, I have seen some nice ones pulled up on the north end of the kelp, also by the artificial reef in front of tamarack jetties. I also need to try army navy kelp, as every time I surf state I see birds working off that kelp line. Tamarack kelp also can have it's day, but what I have noticed is water color plays a huge role in this area for what will bite and what won't. Also lately, it seems like the lagoon has purged itself of all the eel grass and there is a ton of it floating around by the kelp which makes trolling a bitch.
surfisher is offline   Reply With Quote