View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #1
DanaPT

dana point report

Went out thursday for an early session. My luck w/ bait barge bait isn't good. It's probably the small bait tank and the constant sloshing of the water.

fished a few baits along the kelp to the ritz and then out to deeper water. in the distance saw a whale, lots of birds diving, dolphin, breaking fish and a 7-8 ft model Hammer head up close for about 2 hrs.

He was bumping the back of the kayak im guessing trying to figure out the ooze of dead sardine coming out the outflow. . This time tried to fish around the hammer head. I ended up hooking up on it for 15 20 minutes and thankfully he chewed off.

All bait dead by 830 4 miles out. back to the kelp around monarch beach and made a few batches of greenies (some lunkers).

fly lined them greenies and had 3 baits (hit and run) crushed by what I think are YT marks. I waited 5 seconds before setting drag and reeling... but couldn't get them to stick. 1 popped in kelp, the others baits were nabbed, crushed and left for dead.

Water was consistent 71 degrees.

While I didn't get any fish to the kayak, I had my chances... all my knots held and I was busy fishing.

Good luck.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote