Thread: Another HH
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
spicolly

Another HH

Paddled out alone from O'Side Harbor around 7 AM this morning. Went directly west for about mile, catching 3 bonita on the way out. For the few of you that I chatted with before launching at the guest slips/SUP launch, I was the guy with the blue Outback.

I normally fish LJ, and am jonesing to fish CBad since I live there. However, decided to try O'Side today. I discovered the launch from the guest slips are awesome

After paddling west and looking for life, I got bumped. Not my line, but my yak. I look around for a seal (LJ reaction) and see a 7' - 8' hammer head. Dang - that's a first! For those of you out there, he has a gash or some sort of flesh wound on his back...not from me. Perhaps he bothered someone else who may have poked him?

Lessons learned: I will never paddle out alone again in a new-to-me place. It would have been cool to have a buddy with me...I was a little freaked out because he followed me, bumping and circling me, all the way back to the harbor opening. I guess it was a show for the sporty that passed me as a bunch of dudes were hooting, hollering, and pointing - - while I was hoping this shark would just go away.

Stay calm...and I wish I would have gone out at LJ. :-)
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote