View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #26
Goose1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
cove is a mushburger. surf blacks or GTFO

edit: also having surfed la jolla my entire life, i dove the outer kelp a month ago and the current was so strong when i got off my kayak i was 30 yards away within seconds. its a lot different in open water guy. You surf horseshoe? thats cool....theres channels on both sides and the inner reef is forgiving as well. you must not fish often if you've never seen so much current that the kelp disappears. its cool though, keep talking like you didn't just pick up a kayak and luck into some yt in the easiest year to catch one in your lifetime.
Ya it's a complete mushball. That doesn't mean it doesn't get huge and isn't a day I'll remember for the rest of my life. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we were talking about currents, and a 20 foot day at the cove has wicked currents. Or is reading too difficult for you? Because swimming a half mile sure sounds too difficult... And if you've ever surfed shoe, you'd know that even paddling through the channel is a bitch because of the current that you gotta deal with. It feels like you're going nowhere. And doing it when you break a leash and your board washes in sucks.

And as for fishing, I've been doing it just about every weekend for almost three years. Since I picked it up, it's my favorite thing in the world. I absolutely love the sport. Most of my pelagic fishing is off my boat. I kayak on my central coast trips for lingcod (go once or twice a month nov-dec and apr-may) and for kelp fishing the offseason down here. And even though I fish off my boat for pelagics way more than the yak, I still did it a lot and had a ton of fun.
Goose1993 is offline   Reply With Quote