View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #12
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
I also own an outback. I cannot ride a bike more than a few minutes as the rotary motion is painful. I can pedal a Hobie a few miles at a slower pace most of the day, Hobie is push/pull MUCH easier on my knees. The Propel is ROTARY which did not work for me, I tried one. AND reverse is NOT what you expect as you are steering with the rudder in the WRONG position. Rudders work great when going forward as they are then in the back as designed, but in reverse they are on the wrong end of the boat to work well. Reverse will stop forward motion and get you started going backward but steering is then lost. Hashem, wear that drive out then rebuild it or buy a NEW drive, keep tools and spare parts on board. NO Yak is perfect, but your outback is close to ideal and as you age it will treat you well. It is a WELL TESTED package. I wonder why so many more Hobies are sold??????? AND FISHED hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
I'd be doing the same if I were in your shoes and that's why I'm going to suggest you just enjoy your new Outback! You used one, you liked it, you brought back from the dead every single outback posted for sale over the last year, and you bought one. I feel the same way about the Hobie as you do, but one of the benefits is that there's an abundance of resources/support locally to service or repair your Hobie. This is coming from a place of friendship; Known you quite a long time on another forum and hate to see you drive yourself mad!

I have kinda wondered if the Native Propel drive is easier on the knees?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote