View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #8
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
Raskal311, I started bridling baits last summer. I didn't run a bridled bait n a nose hooked bait on identical rigs in a side by side trial but I did notice a few things about the bridle that I liked.

The baits clearly live longer and swim better. I liked this because bait was often very hard to catch last year so maximizing the baits i did have was a real benefit. Where i really noticed the improved swimming was with spanish macs. They were much closer to greenies when bridled.

The baits can move freely on the light line rather than on a ridgid hook. Better than even a ringed hook.

You can use a larger hook then you could nose hooking because the bridled bait isn't impaled on the hook.

I very very rarely had the hook turn back in to baits' heads. Increased bite to hook up rate and helped the baits stay lively.

It takes a bit of practice to quickly and cleanly bridle a wriggling bait buts it's not hard. I'll continue to do it on my fly lined baits. Mike

thats great to hear, i bought a pack of needle last month and have been hitching to give it a try.