View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 06:34 AM   #10
Saba Slayer

Long Beach

Stevie...go to the Long Beach Show if you can. There is nothing like it on the West Coast. The Del Mar show is cool but the FH Long Beach Show is so big and everyone and everything is there.
I'll be posting up the seminar schedule for the Hobie stage in a few days once it's confirmed...I set up the schedule last week and there are a few supprises...
here's one...Andy Allen (the Ice Man) on Sunday from 12:30 to 1:15...his topic is "Sierra Trout to Offshore Fishing and Everything In-between...!!!
I think the better deals are at the Long Beach Show, some vendors don't even do the Del Mar Show.
Join CCA CAL before you go in the show and you'll get in free and get a coupon book with some great raffle opportunities and values in the show.

On the trolling motor...I'm one of the weirdo's that likes my motor...I get plenty of speed and range from the MotorGuide I've rigged on my PA. Everybody is different and we all have our likes and dislikes. Some like to paddle and think that is the "PURE" kayak way...some like the Mirage Drive and swear that it's the only way to go...just keep an open mind and do what works best for you. the haters
I've had no corrosion problems yet and if I get line on the prop I just pull the motor out of the Mirage Drive hole and clean it up.
Yes..you do need to register your yak with the DMV if you put a motor on it...it's no big deal and it's actually easier and faster if you go through the AAA..I have been checked by my local Harbor Patrol for CF numbers and registration.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote