View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
Mahigeer

Yes I bought a 2013 model blue outback.

As to coming to Baja, it will be a while.

In July I am doing something that I have been wishing to do for about (50) years or so. When I was a lee lad in Tehran, I saw in a movie an angler fishing in a canoe in Canada. Obviously I had no idea that I would end up living in USA at that time, so it was a dream for sure.

Recently I have been hearing myself talk about my dream a lot. After meeting Bob and reading his advice here that--- "don't wait for 20 years, and then say I wish I had done it".

I have made reservation for mid-July to take the Amtrak Starlight Line from downtown Los Angeles to Seattle, Washington. Then a bus will take me to Vancouver, BC, Canada. A (30) hrs. Journey with lots of ocean scenery to see.

After a night’s stay in Vancouver, I will be driving in a rental car for about (6) hours to a fishing camp north of Vancouver. At which point I will be spending seven (7) days fly fishing (mostly) in about 20 different private lakes. Most have row boats for use for free.
After a week of bliss in “paradise”, I will reverse the process.

I know my answer was much more than you wanted to know, but I cannot contain my excitement.
Sharing it with my fishing family here makes it even sweeter. Of course a complete report will follow.

Now the next step is to tell my wife about it!!!
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote