View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #4
FISH11

There were a lot of Thresher hook ups yesterday. I kind of tried to stay out further but also had a hook up just outside the bait area. Played it for a while but really wasn't intending to land it. Just wanted to get it closer and make an assessment on it's size. I guess on 80 to 100lbs. I knew early on, it was a Thresher because of it's vertical jump. Enjoyed the sleigh ride and loosened the drag to keep it on but after about 10 minutes decided to tighten it up and let it break the 40lb fluoro leader. I was hoping for some great video of the jumps out in front of me but the frickin Go Pro just makes everything look twice as far and the Camera mount rod is too short and had my hat partly in the way. Too bad the Thresher jumping and sliding on top of the water while looking back at me directly in front of my kayak, was just awesome. I wish the video was better so I could have gotten a couple of stills out of it. I think I will have to re-think using the Go Pro and start mounting my water proof Nikon on the mount and turn it on manually on the 1080p video mode.