View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
Tatunka
Junior

First trip to LJ

I banged in sick and made my first trip out of LJ yesterday! Seemed like the sets were on the bigger side yesterday but it was probably just noob anxiety. Met some cool people (I'm bad at names but I think his name was Dennis) that offered to go out with since it was my first launch. I was able to get out following those guys and was on my own. Made bait fairly easy got a few in the basket and as I was pulling up some more bait in and something hit it like a truck, snapped off my rig WTF??
Cruised around for a while and was talking with a guy (again bad with names) and told him my story of the my Sabiki and he asked if I needed another and gave one to me so I could keep making bait.
I trolled around for several hours and didn't hook anything but I was able to get a few things figured out on my yak. Now it was time to come in it sure seemed like the surf was big but I couldn't stay out there till tomorrow. I sat outside for a while and timed the sets and peddled like a SOB between waves. I made it in pretty close before I ended up catching some white wash before I was able to jump off so it decided to throw me out but to my own amazement I was in knee deep water. All in all it was good experience and met some good people.
Tatunka is offline   Reply With Quote