View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #9
King Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsauce View Post
im always in redondo beach king harbor amost every sunday we should meet up out there
Cool. I'm down to go again this weekend if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I always wanted to fish Redondo, let me know next time you guys go.
Sure! It'd be awesome to learn from an experienced rockfish angler. I'm still learning the ropes on finding spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
Awesome haul! What's the procedure for making a fish stock for the soup if you don't mind me asking? I've been wanting to make my own.
According to my dad, the soup is made first by boiling chunks of pork (any chunk should work). Next, add tofu, then ginger slices, and salt and pepper to taste. Add enough salt and pepper to your preference.Next , while all of that goodness is boiling away you can stir fry your rockfish bones/head just till the oils begin to seep out. Be sure to marinate them with salt, pepper, and little cornstarch before doing so. Lastly, quickly boil some mustard greens in the soup if you want some veggies. I think he adds some milk in the soup too, probably whole milk. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
Let's roll John I got a few spots over there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Can I join? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Winfrey View Post
It's an ancient Chinese secret. He will never share it.
lol it's a treasured secret only known to commoners! You better fly back into the country soon or I'll catch all the rockfish.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote