View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:02 AM   #28
Montesdad
Grey Haired Senior Member

I'm just getting ready to mount a humminbird transducer (one of the quad beam units) in my revo and this is a great post however -

now I'm totally confused - - these things are too big to hang over the side so internal 'tween the masthead and the drive well seems the best option.

i only want to have to do this once - will having the Goop warmed help eliminate bubbles? When i put some weights in my pedals to keep them upright, it seemed to flow pretty well and was not too thick.

i'd heard one only gets one shot at this with the transducer itself, after that, you have to end up using the water bath to get a clear picture thru the hull or hang it over the side cause you cant get all the goop off the unit and then you'll be dealing with the bubbles thing when reattaching.

My backup thought was to just build a reservoir, surrounding the area with foam - say 1 1/2" high and Goop the foam into place, C-clamp the transducer with it's mounting bracket to the mast post and set it against the bottom of the hull, fill the reservoir with Perrier and use that way - might work well with minimal maintainence and the transducer is easily removable and reusable - then drink the remainder of the Perrier.

I usually transport the Revo top up so I'm not worried about water in the internals - I figure if I ever got in the position that the water came out of the reservoir while out in the ocean, using my fish finder wouldn't necessarily be at the top of my list of things to be worrying about - - - -

Last edited by Montesdad; 07-11-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Montesdad is offline   Reply With Quote