View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 12:27 AM   #12
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
As you're crossing the bridge heading west, Tide lands is the cove and park you'll see off to your right. To get to the area I mentioned you do need to paddle passed all the docks before you turn right (south).

You can't eat them, they're kinda funny looking, n super slimy, but Bone fish do fight. Ive found they make long straight runs out, then come straight back under the yak, n take off out the other side. Fastest fish I've ever fought in the bay for sure. I usually use 6lb. Which is plenty strong for BF. Draw back of 6 lb is you can waste lots of time in long slow tug o wars with bat rays n shovelnose sharks. Mike
As you're heading into Coronado across the bridge, you did say Tidelands is on the right side, is that correct? I guess that's a golf course on the left side.

If I'm looking at GoogleEarth correctly, the paddle to the grass flats is about the same distance from Tidelands as is the boat launch in Glorietta Bay, does that seem right? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I launch from Tidelands, I'll have to go under the bridge heading south to get to those grass flats, yes?
Wow, I knew BF weren't any good to eat, but I didn't know bonefish were super slimey, slimier than 'cuda? Looking forward to that fight. We might try 4lb line, to hell with rays n shovelnoses.

Thanks for the extra information.
Aaron