View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #24
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warburto View Post
Hey everyone, I recently tried out sailing on my hobie revo and had such a good time I practically didn't fish. Since then I can't stop thinking about getting into an Adventure Island. It seems like the perfect fishing/sailing platform.

My impression is that I'll still be able to do all the same things I was doing in the revo, plus go further off shore, or sail around to the PL kelp.

The big problem is that I'm on a budget and only the older used boats are within my price range. So for those of you with experience on the AI or TI, what's your thoughts on them? Do you still own a smaller boat for getting out in a hurry if you don't want to fool with the bigger one? Do you miss anything? Or is the AI just as mind blowing as it seems from all the YouTube videos I've been watching...

Yes, it is. The newer AI's are supposed to be unreal. But the older TI's are also. It's nice to be able to take out an extra passenger or more storage space when solo.
If you got the space, look for an older TI, can always upgrade the seat to an Attwood, which I prefer over the newer Vantage seats.

I keep around a Revolution 11. Love it for short hops, easy to load in my car hatchback or truck. Can usually manhandle for launching.

Mark
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote