Thread: SOLO Revisited
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #52
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazian View Post
Hey Bob, How do you plan on setting up the bait tank? I know your running a 6hp, so the gas can would go where we would usually put the bait tank or do you not plan on using one? I plan on using mine in La Jolla but it looks like a pain right now with the launch closed
My bait tank will be the forward cooler, plumbed by OEX MB. Room for a few greenies or sardines. I am having the BooneDox Landing Gear installed with the Wheeleze Sand tires, yes it is expensive but it will be useable everywhere.

Sculpins, I will reserve answering for saftey sake YOU must know your and your boats limitations. If we are again allowed to fish deep water for REDS, then for me yes the nine might be doable in the Solo Skiff.

On open water I would go SLOWER, and would travel in pairs(buddy boat), and I do plan to chase peligics should they show locally. All safety equiptment MUST be in good condition and COMMON SENSE is essential, if it turns iffy, turn for home. Like my buddy Rossman there are so many fish and I want my fair share so being safe is important. I will be 69 in 3 months and hope to still be fishing well into my 70's.

Again these boats were designed for the flats, and protected water. Please STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote