View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 05:46 AM   #5
JohnMckroidJr

Nice Report! I always wonder about fishing off the Treasure Coast, your reports confirm some of what I expected.

As for your first big bite: Sharks normally just feel like dead weight, but then they will usually shake their head a couple of times just before making a run. The groupers that I have taken shake their head the entire time until they get the bends or swim understructure. I sometimes see big tarpon taken by kayak off the beach up that way, so that might be in your future. They usually jump when first hooked.

As for your second strike, My guess is the same as yours, first being a King, second a Cuda, but sometimes a big shark will run hard also, so ya never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCantrell View Post

Yeah, but the afternoon storms with lightning here are legit. I wouldn't mind fishing through some rain, but when you here the thunder in the distance you have to pack it in.
Very true. If I see it flashing in the distance, I am still fishing. If I didn't, I would rarely get out. When it gets to be close enough to hear the thunder within seconds of the flash, I pack it in Or if my rods start buzzing. The last time out the rods started buzzing. When that happens, stow them horizontally and the buzzing stops, and it is time to head for the beach.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote