View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
ICHI
Junior

La jolla 1/15/09

Not much to report, though I did see some candy on the surface but did not have the right sabiki rig. I launched at 9:00 am with one of the flatest calmist launches ever. Pratically no waves. It was even better out in the fishing grounds. Lots of whales migrating south, 6 actually. I tried fishing deep in 140 feet then worked my way into 95 or so. I covered lots and lots of ground for nada but I think I found a real nice location to work when they decide to bite. On the way in I stopped on some deep bait balls and dropped the iron, as soon as I put the reel in gear I hear splashing, I look and theres one single breezer on the surface, I threw the surface iron behind him and got no luck. I have a few Qs about my set up for yoyo. Im using a avet mxj and with pratically every yo yo iron I have they either spin reeling to fast or go straight with no kick when reeling slow and there seems to be no inbetween. I used Ironman 3s, sumo jrs, and the go to salas jrs. Is it the jigs or the reel. Another beautiful day in la jolla, no fish but I learned some more. Thanks again guys, go get em.
ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote