View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I think you may have hit on something. I wonder if the kayak manufacturers or one of the aftermarket companies could come up with a rudder with transducer molded in or maybe a rudder that includes some sort of a universal mount. . I recognize that there are many FF manufacturers and each has a different mount and cable setup but if some sort of standardization could be agreed upon, your idea might get some traction.

Carrying the idea to the next level, maybe kayaks, just like computers and many cars on the near horizon could incorporate some sort of a universal interface for electronic connections. I envision something similar to USB but ruggizied.

Wouldn't be cool to have a few connection ports on the deck of your kayak, (or any boat for that matter), that would provide power and data connections so you could hook up a FF, bait tank, GPS or even an iPod?

For all the technically inclined entrepreneurs out there who are reading this, consider this idea a freebie. I just hope that if someone runs with this idea, they remember me and put me on the development team.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote