Thread: LJ tournament
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
PAL

Reading this thread is pumping me up! HUGE THANKS to all of you, our collective efforts will raise more than $6,500 to keep our precious and rare kayak and spear fishing sites open. 135 of you turned out for this impromptu celebration and rally. Awesome - words fail me.

And sweet fish! Talk about quality. La Jolla gives up the love. Grego, amazing. Props to the bass guys for turning out and rolling their MBF into the fun for a great cause.

It meant much that our brother and sister low impact, human-powered hunters joined us on and in the water. Thanks to the free dive contingent! Working together, our strength, energy and passion will get the job done.

There are so many to thank. Dave Easton, loved those gyotaku. Amazing, someone send me a high-res jpg please. And so many others opened their wallets or donated costly, high quality gear to the raffle. MJ Kennedy, who is fighting alongside me on the RSG, thanks for coming down and spending the day with us at the Jewel, and for everything else you do.

Thank you Ocean Kayak! SD Kayak Adventures / OEX Kearny Mesa. Big ups to Dana Pt Jetski - premium prizes and a fat check for the cause. OEX Oceanside and Malibu! Pelican, Catalina Offshore Products for the seafood certificates and Tommy Gomes and Unigoop for the Buttery goodness.

Western Outdoor News - mega on the subs. Kerry Peeler's Bugz Baits! Kickbike, you rock! Hobie for lots of duffles and other goodies. Chipotle for buritos that looked like the best of gut bombs. Pat's Bait and Tackle - drop by the next time you're in Vista. Candy Catcher -squid jigs supreme. La Jolla Kayak Fishing for the Surf and Safety Classes - they'll make you next to crash proof (nobody's perfect). The LP! Joe Nguyen, Cory Wyrick, Eugene Kim, the fabulous crew at Islander Sportfishing!

Helpers extraordinaire, Andy Wright, Bob Van Epps, Steven Green, and our raffle team headed by the Fishcatcher - grattitude. Halcyon Electric, who took care of our permits and bought the dogs and drinks (I'm the one who forgot those last 20 buns). Hook 1, the best of the best. Reebs you rock. Big Hammer. Ballast Point, Fastlane Kayak Center, and everyone else who pitched in - heartfelt thanks.

Paul

Last edited by PAL; 06-28-2009 at 09:38 AM.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote