View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

For the first time that I can remember, I am thankful for a pig headed judge who does not give a crap about public opinion. Usually they are on the wrong side of most issues. In this case, IMHO, the judge is right. Long live the judge.

I will not hold my breath waiting for a quick and positive outcome however.

The bigger problem is represented by Christine Kehoe's response to a reporter's question. Kehoe said she hopes the legislation, which does not go into effect until Jan. 1, will give the city more ammunition if it appeals Hofmann's decision. “Hopefully, the seals will be allowed to stay,” she said. “After listening to the debate for over 10 years, my feeling is the vast majority of San Diegans would like to see the seals remain there undisturbed.”

The vast majority? Most of those people have never even seen a seal up close, or smelled its poop. They just see the cute pictures and make up their minds based on that.

As of this evening, the Governor, whom I have mostly supported, appears to have caved in to the seal lovers. He signed a law giving the City the right to change the terms of the Scripps trust setting aside the area for children. Of course, you know which way the politicians will go on this issue.

I think it is safe to say that they have won.

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 07-21-2009 at 08:35 AM.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote