Thread: PB - 08/01
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
Freespool

Tourmaline warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
Had to work in the mornin got off at noon and headed to the beach for some bass'in, launched at tourmo to avoid the afternoon parking nightmares at LJ.
Hey scallywag, I'm a newbie kayak fisherman and I'm wondering where exactly do you typically launch at Tourmo? PM me if you don't want to post it here. Just curious since I had a mishap a week and a half ago without shoes on the rocks there. the moral of the story for me was 'bring footwear'. This was only my 2nd time out in the yak. I launched fine, had a great time fishing, got bit on the bottom in the sand that I'm guessing was a halibut but I tried to set the hook too early out of excitement once the clicker started going off, and then headed in. When I hopped out at shore, I sliced the bottom of my foot clear down to the tendon. It didn't look good, kind of like the top of a brain. Luckily, 3 surfers helped me carry the kayak up the stairs and strap it to the car. A quick trip to the emergency room and the end result was the below photo. I get the stitches pulled Friday and hopefully I'm allowed back in the water soon!
Attached Images

Freespool is offline   Reply With Quote