Thread: La Jolla 9/17
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #13
Whizz Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
By that time I had been on the water for over seven hours. I had not planned to be out that long. I had not eaten breakfast and did not pack a lunch. All I had with me was some water and a couple of beers. I was thrashed. I started whining about wanting to head in but Josh and Eric, (La Jolla's newest fishing guide), who had joined our little band, shamed me into staying. Good thing.

Bob
LMAO.... I would make my clients as angry and unsatisfied as Josh's are happy....with their bent rods, big fish, and smiles....damn.

Awesome story. Well written...the appropriate touch of humor....nice fish pic....really well done, and excellent use of paragraphs/

It was great to meet you the other day. Im really glad you stuck it out. The opportunity to fish with "The Man With The White Face", should not be taken lightly. I tell everyone of his clients I meet (and I meet alot of them) that I am incredibly jealous....and I am. If I had the money I would hire that guy like once a week. I have a notebook full of questions for him that I refuse to ask him until I am a paying customer out of a misguided sense of decorum. After you left I pilfered a couple more baits from Josh and couldnt help but ask a couple of rather harmless questions that slipped out before discretion got the better part of me, however, I still logged a zero. This is OK by me, watching you and Chris land your fish was awesome...made my day.

In my opinion there are two ways to SUCCESSFULLY fish LJ.....
1.Time on Water.
Guys talk alot about putting in time on the water and paying their dues. This is often referenced by guys who fish LJ once a month..maybe. Putting in your dues is fishing LJ 2-3 times a week(more if you are single or dont have children). The mandate for this strategy is a willingness to learn, adapt, and change things up. Fish may not be hitting what they were last week. Fish may not be where they were last week, they have fins. Yesterday's golden sabiki may not catch more than lizard fish today. You probably WILL have to paddle your ass off. If you commit to this strategy, the learning curve will be steep, the rewards, though often meager, will feel immense when they do come, and with time they will most certainly come. This is the path I have chosen, and Josh rarely misses a chance to give me sh!t over the blood, sweat, and tears I have shed on that beautiful stretch of water. Of course, there is another way...another path to glory. It's path does not meander. Its hardship is minimal. The payout, often awe inspiring.

2. Hire Josh. You, Bob, chose wisely.

Congratulations on an awesome fish. He looks delicious.

Eric

Last edited by Whizz Bang; 09-20-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote