View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
Billy V

Not a single component of the MLPA does anything to address the pollution in coastal waters that kills Kelp, and Fish.

This was posted on Bloody Decks, its a little over the top so I will bleep out the curse words. The point will remain the same.
I guess some people are fed up with all the injustice we have been subjected to.
I know I'm certainly fed up, and don't blame anyone who chooses to voice an opinion, or take a stand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the Oct. 7th City Council video and here's something I don't get:

At 02:41:20, Currie Dugas came on to read a letter from Coastkeepers Executive Director, Bruce Reznik which stated he could not attend due to a prior commitment to attend the California Coastal Commission meeting to speak on behalf of the San Diego Water Department IN SUPPORT OF A SEWAGE WAIVER.

That would be this:

San Diego Gets Pollution Waiver for Point Loma Plant | KPBS.org
The California Coastal Commission voted Wednesday night to give the city of San Diego a waiver for the Point Loma Sewage Treatment Plant. The vote means the city won't be paying to upgrade the plant.

The Coastal Commission took two-and-one-half hours to consider San Diego's wavier request before approving it on an 8-to-4 vote.

The city is the only metro area in the country that doesn't add secondary treatment to sewage before it's discharged into the ocean.

So let me get this straight -- This as*hole is exec. director of some bullsh*t organization deceptively named "Coastkeeper" who goes out advocating outdated sub-standard sewage treatment is ok as long as it saves the SD Water Dept. money. Meanwhile sends one of his fu*khead zombie sheep minions to go in front of SD City Council to read a statement saying La Jolla must be closed to access by fishermen in order to "protect the fish".

So who is the fu*khead zombie sheep minion Currie Dugas?
Well, according to Coastkeeper's own website, some clueless c*nt who just arrived here in San Diego last week and is already become a mindless tw@t mouthpiece to tell us what's best for our own good:

San Diego Coastkeeper > About SD Coastkeeper > Staff > Interns
Currie joined the Coastkeeper team in the winter of 2009 as Marine Conservation intern. Her work at Coastkeeper mainly focuses on creating awareness of the Marine Life Protection Act Initiative which strives to protect California's ocean life by implementing a network of marine protected areas (MPAs) along the coast. Currie recently moved to San Diego and is very excited to have found a place as part of the Coastkeeper team where she can make a difference for our seas.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote