View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Cool pics, that one of the bus'd in kids says it all. I spoke to one of the kids sitting next to me, and she was highly cluess as to the process, the maps, why we were there, citing "Her brothers and uncles fish, and never catch anything, so there must not be any fish left in the ocean." I politely told her, its probably because they do not know how to fish. She agreed.

But had a fishing group bus'd teens in, and slapped black shirts with #2 on them, I am sure the teens would have been fine with that too. Someone remarked that their presence at this meeting was disingenuos to the BRTF. The next speaker to support proposal 3, ditched his speech, as if he was defending them, stating it their first public process, and that it is not disingenuos, etc. I felt, if they were there for a public process, they should not have been force fed a viewpoint, nor wore blue, or black shirts, but made up their own minds based on those speaking, and the maps.

But then again, a majority of them were bored as hell, walking around, either playing social games with eachother (remember when you were a teen and around the opposite sex) or playing on their iphones/pods.

Without the bus'd in kids, we outnumbered the Anti-Fishing side 10-1.

Thanks again for turning out, it was a special thing to be a part of last night seeing fishing groups come together.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote