View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Grego I am sure she will want to know who the compliment is coming from......the one on the far right

There were so many speaking on our half that knocked it out of the park. I about died with the slide presentation that surveyed the pier fishermen, backing #3. claiming smaller and less fish......it should have read "all my fish are now only 6 inches so I have to take 30 bass home"

It was so ridiculous to survey fishermen not required to even purchase a license or have a clue as to what size and bag limits are.
Hahaha that presentation was rather ignorant. to be honest 90% of the poachers are pier fisherman. The reason why thier is no fish or to small of fish in thier pier locations is becuase of them overtaking. they have very little knowlege of the reproduction size range, DFG Size regulations. But there Survey didnt answer that. When the gal spoke about how they have full time jobs and couldnt make it, or there was a language barrier, i just about starting laughing.

Its easy for pier fisherman to vote for map 3, the acual closures cant contain piers within them. Those anglers dont lose access. many could possibly be illegal, dont pay for fishing liscense, and i know for sure dont follow regulations. I frequent the Balboa, and Newport Beach Piers during the evening. I know what i seen. alot of poachers, and No DFG enforcement, hell the poachers dont even try to hide it half the time.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote