Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #22
so cal shaggy

Thank you

Paul, it is we that all say thank you to you. You agreed to participate in a process that you knew would be difficult and no way to win but instead best case scenario we would still be able to fish some areas. I would also like to thank all of the rest of you. I forgot how tightly knit the kayak fishing community was. You all make me proud to be able to share the waters with all of you. You all have my eternal gratitude and the gratitude of the spearfishing community as well. We stood together shoulder to shoulder, kept each other motivated assisted each other even if we did not use the area that needed help and above all we never allowed wedges to be driven between our two groups. There were attempts in some of the shapes to sway some groups to adopt a certain shape in a specific area but they could not make us sell out each other. We now need to take some time to relax and lick our wounds. We should try to organize a joint kayak/spearo get together at either a beach location or other venue. Nothing specific just a gathering of the two groups to share stories, introduce each other to the others activity and just share the ocean together.