View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
SeaEagle_1

dsafety you make a great point. seal populations have exploded and is probably one of mans' best success stories in in bring a species back from the brink. and as you mentioned we have also been responsible for the loss of other natural predator. so the we have an issue. yes i think they should be protected from man, but from joe public. the boater. the yakker. the dock fisherman. but i also think that seal populations have grown bigger then at any other time, so if this is true then they are eating much more fish. and we all know that those things are NEVER full! they are very opportunistic. so maybe the MLPA should be focusing on THIS issue! lets cull the herd? lets put the meat to use. use the blubber. use ever part of that animal for good. but cull it back down to normal levels. i fear the day is coming that we are going to read in one of these forums that a kayak fisherman will be killed by a hungry seal as he had a fish on the line or was taking it off the hook.

as for the storm trouper raid on that guys house. from what i have been able to read and see everyone involved with this case from the law enforcement side are pissed that the worst they can do to the guys is charge him with a misdemeanor. its a serous issue. the man had a gun and shot an animal where people go. what if he missed? what is the angle was wrong? its the "what if's" and the gun that cause such a stern action on the DFG offices.

overkill? yes. did he pose a risk or a threat to others? no. so it was uncalled for to smash his door open the way he did. not like he was a gang banger or something like that.

but with all that said, i do hope he gets the full term in jail. one year for a misdemeanor. seals are a majestic animal. very beautiful to watch. and a smart animal that does not deserve to be shot cause its annoying you. stories like this do nothing to help our cause and can in fact do harm with all those tree huggers out there.

ok that is my two cents! LoL.
SeaEagle_1 is offline   Reply With Quote