View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #22
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

I have read some of the thread, but personally, after reading it, I don't even want to watch the video...for obvious reasons.

I think we as kayakers have advantages for releasing BSB since we are close to waters edge, and need to take advantage of that ability. I have helped a friend send a BSB down, a big one, and it is the greatest feeling to finally push their head down, see them go down where they belong.

I saw 2 PBer's one time have one at their swim step, and they took their sweet arse time, enough time for me to paddle over and release the damn thing for them, while one guy was more concerned with taking off his sweatshirt, and the angler keeping pressure on the fish. I went over, cut his phookin' line, grabbed him by the tail, and used my foot to angle his head down to get his bearings straight...yes, I was gentle, and yes it worked. He swam down hard.

Not saying I did it perfect, and not looking for kudos...the fish swam down hard, and I had the advantage of being closer to handle the baby BSB than they, that is all that matters.

We as stewards of the sea, provide that assistance to boaters, if they get pissed, phook 'em.

I was very irked by the demeanors of these anglers, they were in no rush at all...hence the reason for not wanting to watch the video.

If I really had to, I would jump in, corral the big bass, get its equilibrium in the right direction, take it down a ways if necessary, give it a hug, and hope it remembers me...not too many boaters are prepared to do that, but I tend to think, if necessary, the majority of us would do what would be needed...

I just can't fathom the wrath we would incur from fellow yakkers if we took one of those beauties out of the water just for a photo op...yikes.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote