Thread: First Mods
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
Billy V

Those Ram Tube Mounts are sometimes subjected to a fair amount of torque. For that reason I used the full size 2" x 3" ball mount, with good SS bolts and SS washers and lock nuts behind them. They are also sealed on there with thin layer of marine goop.

Its seriously strong and multi purpose. (The ruler depicts actual measurements need to mount a ram ball on the starboard side. Its needed to clearance the molded in pad eye)

--------------------------
Also - Take note how I passed the Fish Finder wire through the kayak. If you unscrew the T fitting up forward, you can drill a hole just big enough to pass the transducer and power cable through.
-I use a $2.69 grommet- and sliced 1 end so I could place it around the wires to seal. From there it is a tapered push fit with some marine goop and - Presto you finished.
If you ever want to remove all evidence of it you remove the grommet and replace the T fitting.

I used a waterproof box from Walmart $5 and a $1.69 battery holder from Radio Shack to hold 8 AA batteries. It would last for 3 fishing trips if I wanted, but I recharged it anyway. It is affixed to the hull with 2" heavy duty velcro from ACE hardware. It never moved unless I wanted it to move.

Last edited by Billy V; 01-28-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote