View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #14
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
if you have never done fish pouches you should try them. Here's a simple one.

Mix together: 1 bunch green onions or 1 med. onion, chopped 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced 2 tbsp. plus melted butter 1/2 rib celery, minced 1/2 tsp. dill Juice of 1 lemon or 3 tbsp. lemon juice Mix and simmer in butter until tender. Add 1/2 of a small 8 ounce can of tomato sauce.
Divide mixture into equal portions. Layer 1 portion on the bottom of heavy duty foil. Place clean fish on this and evenly distribute remaining sauce over fish. Seal good. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

The great thing about the pouches is the flavor melds into the meat. Make nice rice side dish or mixed veggies and your in for a good meal.

I like to use parchment paper but foil works also

I've never done fish en papillote in foil before; always parchment paper. Does the acid from the citrus or tomato ever discolor/dissolve the foil. I've had that happen with other dishes, but I have never figured out just how much acid or what conditions will cause it. I think it happens more often when the acidic elements are in contact with the foil in a relatively dry environment. I could see where the fish pouch has enough liquid in it that it might not be a problem.