View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #26
Limits
Kayak Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Matthew34 View Post
I'm a firm believe and user of Scopace as well. I get really seasick REALLY FAST on any water outside of the bay. i did the bonnie thing before learning about scopace and i would start to get sick just thinking about the taste of that powdery raspberry nastiness.

You can take Scopace 15 mins before launching and you'll be good to go. The only side effect i've had with it is dry mouth...which is very easily cured if you stay hydrated. So you may have to pee off the side of your yak or into a gatorade bottle a few times...big deal!! Way better then chumming the water and feeling the infamous pucker factor when your guts are churning inside out from puking so much

I got 60 pills for under $20 from costco with a perscription from my doctor. All you do is tell your doctor that you love to fish and that you get seasick. I didn't even have to go in and get verified. I called the office talked to the nurse and picked up the rx on the way home from work. Really easy, and it works REALLY REALLY WELL!! However if you're doing more then 12 hours on the water you may want to bring another one. I've done some long days on the water (as im sure most of you have) and I honestly started puking within 15 mins of the 12 hour mark. I kind of laughed about it, took another one, and I was good to go on the ride in.
Ditto that! Scopace is great because it enters you blood stream much faster than dramamine or bonine. Plus, it doesn't cause the sleepiness associated with dramamine and bonine.

My price was a bit cheaper. I ended up getting 100 tablets for $5. Must be a difference between insurance companies.

The other option that works great is the scopolamine patch. That's my go to plan for overnighters on the big boat.
Limits is offline   Reply With Quote