Thread: Pro angler?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Wahoo, I am assuming that that was not James Cameron behind the camera. I started getting sea sick just trying to watch the video.

Kidding aside, I was surprised at how dry the launch was in the Prangler. My Revo would have plowed through some of those gnarly two footers but the Prangler went right over the top. Cool!

The landing, of course, was something we all have experienced. I have seen some guys who are able to surf their yaks all the way to the beach but most of us look like the video about half the time.

Maybe just for fun, we ought to have a surf contest for yakfishers one of these days. Get some judges who grade the launch, landing and degree of difficulty, (based on wave size, yak size and other variables.) That would be a fun event and an even better video.

Bob

I don't care how small the surf is, I usually end up sliding into home with the Revo. No matter the drives in or out, I have a 75% chance I ain't gonna make it! Pisses me off, especially when I see the rental crowd paddle right past me, usually laughing. Going out isn't the problem for me, its coming in...

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote