View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
I have experienced the same frustration in trying to get politicians to respond to my letters. For the past few months, I have attempted to get the two main candidates for Governor, Whitman and Brown, to state their position on this issue, so far without success.

I have sent numerous emails from their campaign web sites and have called their offices several times trying to obtain a response. Each time I have been given lip service by the person who answers the phone but nothing more.

My guess is that these folks are cut from the same cloth as most of our so-called representatives. They prefer to not take a position on something unless they see some personal benefit coming out of this action. If they never take a position on an issue, the do not risk pissing off the potential voters on one side or the other.

Part of the problem is that I have probably been the only person who has contacted these candidates on this issue. It is very easy to ignore on guy, even a persistent one like me. If they were to receive hundreds of emails and phone calls on this issue, we might be able to get some sort of response.

If anyone is interested in adding their voice to mine and trying to get Whitman or Brown's attention that would be great. PM me if you would like a copy of the letter that I have been sending.

Bob
I dunno if you follow politics, but Jerry Brown supports the MLPA. Keep in mind hes was the state Autorney General, He would have been in charge of investigating the corruption and special intrest behind it. He did nothing of the sort. He also supports House Senate Bill, AB32. Hes also largely involved in the Air/Carb Board, whos been out to ban diesel fuel emissions etc etc.

Actions speak loader than words, Even if you did get a letter back itd be all lip service, But this guy is involved with just about every global warming enviormental bill. Hes going to go were the money is. The Packard and Moore Foundations...the folks who helped fund the MLPA.

Meg whitman is a new politician. No one knows really how she will be as govenor. But the one thing with new politicians is She doesnt want to hesitate and take a stance on something that will hurt her voting base. If you present the MLPA as corrupt and wastefull spending. If she won the Govenorship, She very well could call for an audit/investigation witch would automatically suspend the MLPA process till its review. Something she could say on paper cut wasteful spending without Directly cutting certain public services/workers (shell be facing alot of special intrest and public employee union pressure her first year if shes elected)

The people who would oppose her suspending the MLPA program are people who support the MLPA hardcore, those people typically acording to voting record, would be voting for Jerry Brown anyways.

I've called some members of the State Senate Rules Commitee, mainly Robert Dutton, and Sam Aenestad and spoke to representives of theres who handle the thier constiuents request and letters/e-mails. Both there Associates said these 2 canidates do support Sportfisherman and Hunters intrest. And are against Abusive Enviormental bills. (both of them oppose Enviormental bill AB32)
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote