View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
cowboybill

I was almost stuck last monday!

I came in later afternoon, july 5th, tide was high, which makes it more cramped, and it was a zoo!!

I have a ford F250 2WD, with semi-off road tires, but they must have had over 60psi in them....

The 15 min zone was full...I had a run, but some people walked right accross my line, and I had to turn tighter than I would like...chatter, chatter, dig, STOP! I was in the real soft stuff right next to the barriers...I was thinking, I wonder if anyone is watching me on the launch camera..

I did the old desert trick of airing down till the side walls on the tire bulge...Some real cute blond walked up and said "your letting air out?!?!?"
I said I was an expert at this! (BTW, if you do this, air down the front too even with 2WD, as the fronts will "float" better..) Also, get air asap!!!

Anyways, I walked right out, but it was a Madhouse!! People all over, children, all the rental traffic...

Next time I am going to time the low tide (more room to manuver)

And bring my wheels!!

Anyways, old carpet works good, but looks like crap.. I saw steel ramps at the steel shop, but they are'nt giving that away. I think if we all try and time the tide and crowds, and use a little common sense, we should be OK.

Cowboybill
cowboybill is offline   Reply With Quote