View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #36
bigbarrels

heading to Punta Abreojos on Oct 4th for 10 days and thankfully my truck only blue books for around 14,000 I've travelled all over Baja for over 20 years and with some common sense and good luck I've had very few problems down there......During the 20 years that I've travelled down there I can remember how people would say I was crazy for travelling down there.......usually from people who had never been down there and who didn't have too much life experiences.....nowadays there is a bit more of a pucker factor with the drug wars and all.......but in Northern Baja there is such a huge military presence that I felt safe travelling through that area last year. Once I get past Enseneda, I fill that I'm home free and the people in that section of Baja are amazing (but of course it's Baja and anything can happen....such is life). So many people aren't heading down there due to the instability but if you are willing to take some risk the rewards are huge (ie empty lineups, fishing grounds, etc).......I surfed a couple of really good sessions on perfect points in the Seven Sisters Area with only my friends in the water and had wide open Calico bass, sand bass and halibut fishing from the kayak with now one else around.....worth some risk for me

Last edited by bigbarrels; 08-19-2010 at 07:06 PM.
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote