View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #13
Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
So the guys on BD read them. Is that such a bad thing?
Yes.

Fish when you can, share if you want. Definitely don't need a report to go fishing. No one is getting down on those that report. Plenty of reports go around via pm too which is a great function of the board. And the privacy of it all really serves an unseen purpose and plays an important role in keeping the fishery strong and maintaining our access to such a unique place. Reports of good fishing eventually make it on the web and those people that want to just go "catching" can try to swing in on the tail end of hot bites with the crowds after reading the "dope" online. Those that want to get up at ungodly hours, put in the time on the water, and put up some zeros all to eventually hit it on some unexpected wide open days aren't waiting for reports and they definitely have earned those few uncrowded days/weeks of great fishing before the masses come moving in.

Reports are fun for passing the few idle minutes at work, but you can get the same stoke out of reading those stories with or without a delay. It shouldn't change whether you end up going fishing or not. But there are never any fish in LJ anyways so really no worries! Nothing personal Bob. Just my 2 cents which is probably worth a little less than 1/2 that.

Dennis...yeah, I was on a revo, just haven't updated my bio thing. I guess I could do that now...nah. I saw Jasmine and I thought he looked a little blue.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote