View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
ski

The other white meat

My original plan was to head N to look for a flat one, but bailed on that idea because of the wind. Bait was super easy at the can, so in no time I had plenty of candy bar spanish and one greenie. Pinned the greenie on and took him for a tour. I eventually sent him to the bottom in 108' where he got attacked by something with teeth. No raking, but nice punctures.
There were a couple of pelicans working the area and then I heard some "good noise" when i turned I could see some splashes. Fired the iron but no takers. Brad and Ken joined in on the hunt as well as a couple of others. It took a seasoned vet to prove that there was fish there. Nice fish, Brad 8)
I eventually decided to do some bottom fishing, so I headed North. I picked up some nice marks in 185', so I sent down the gulp shrimp and gulp squid. Caught a couple of reds. I set up for another drift and this time I sent down the megabait. A couple of cranks off the bottom and I nailed a 28" ling. Marked the spot for another day and continued North. At 245' I was marking alot of fish. Sent down the gulp and felt something heavy and pulling on the way up. I was hoping for another ling, but this time it was a nice 22 " bocaccio along with a nice red. Nailed a few more reds and headed for home.
Final count: 1 ling, 1 wormaccio and 6 reds.
ski is offline   Reply With Quote