View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
old_rookie

OT: need home plumbing advice

Short story: need a plumber that can find a leak that is not always there. Comes from the the floor underneath the shower and goes into the connecting bedroom. Need someone who knows what they are doing, knows their chit. Any suggestions in the SD area?

Long:
Once in a while, we get water leaking into the masterbedroom from under the wall that is shared with the bathroom shower. The guest bathroom shares the same plumbing and wall. So both bathrooms are back-to-back. There is no rhyme or reason as to which bathroom is being used, or how many people of been using the shower/s as to when the leak appears. We have had this problem for a number of years. Both bathrooms were completely re-done a few years ago. Problem went away for about a year. Then once every 3 or 4 months (or longer) it happens. If the shower drain backs up, we don't see it. If someone takes a long shower, we might see it. If someone takes a short shower, sometimes we see it. We have had a few plumbers come out - can't figure it out. The water isn't warm, as in a slab leak. Besides, if it was a slab leak, it would be continuous. Someone had suggested that maybe the main valve turning on/off the shower leaks - down the wall, then under the floor. Possible.

Normally I would not post non kayak fishing stuff here, but like I said, this is been going on for a long time and I can't figure it out. Its time I get something done about it and need some help.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote