View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
-scallywag-
Banned

How many miles on your Hobie kayak ?

I was out on a particularly foggy day recently and was scrolling through some of the screens when I saw this......

I used this FF head for a full season a few years ago, before upgrading to a higher wattage, dual beam Hummingbird without GPS which uses the same mount and transducer. Since then I only use this head for GPS when fog is an issue.

I also want to say thanks to Fastlane and HOBIE. As one can imagine, hundreds of surf launches/landings and a thousand+ miles of ocean travel (I don't fish fresh/bays) can be pretty hard on equipment. But to be honest the failures have been very minimal. Mostly V1 sprockets/turbo masts which has since been fixed with the introduction of the V2 sprockets/masts (I have not broken one of those yet).

Recently I had the drive-well crack (where the fins snap into the hull) on my 06 Revo, a quick trip to Fastlane and less than 24hrs later I was in Oceanside getting a quick tour of the manufacturing process, checking out the new OASIS tandem, and picking up my fresh 2011 Revo hull.

THANK YOU, FASTLANE and HOBIE !!!!!

So....how many miles on your yak?
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote