View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #21
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
Spyderco makes great knives. My Byrd mine was made in China but the attention to detail, and quality is still Spyderco. This knife shaved right out of the box, I could not of made it any sharper, and I love to sharpen knives. It's really immaculately well done, a beautiful knife if you are into knives, now I'm wishing I bought two of them

Jim
I will have to pick one up...cause I am a sucker for knives like that! LOL. I had never heard of Byrd before, but I just checked out the web page. Good prices, and if they are as good as you say, then the price is worth it and your price was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
Hahaha funny, Andy.

I carried a Spyderco knife for many years. Best knife to cut away a seat belt, or commence with some great bodily injury. Don't think I would carry something like that on a yak for fear I might injure myself, or have the blade open up while I am being tossed in the surf. Yes, after time the blade will loosen, if not tightened regularly. If and when I carry a knife, its usually just the cheap plastic handle bait knife from Long Fin or local tackle store.
A lot of the new knives have the locks on the handle where they wont open unless you move the lock. But in an emergency that is just one more thing to figure out. I have a Kershaw that has one, and even with normal use I forget about the lock. They say that you need to do something 1000 times for it to become muscle memory. But with so many knives who has time for that!?!?! LOL