View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
I've been looking into getting a pair of waterproof socks. I have seen them on the internet and I bet that would help.

Has anyone used the waterproof socks? I'd like to know the pros and cons to them.

What kind of gloves do you wear? I have some half finger gloves that I got from OEX, but my fingertips were still cold.
I have the waterproof gloves and socks from REI. Seal Skinz they are called I think. The gloves didnt last long while hooping. They eventually soaked thru and were more of an annoyance than help.

The socks on the other hand have been ok since I wear them over socks and under waders. Keep my feet warm all night. After 4 years the inner lining is starting to break down a bit, but since I wear waders, my feet still say dry. They are more of a second layer of defense than anything. One thing to keep in mind, cotton holds moisture, and when your feet get wet (via sweat) they will get cold no matter how many layers you have on. I like Smart Wool socks, they are not itchy at all.

As far as gloves go, when I hoop at night I only wear them while pulling hoops because they get wet. As soon as I am done pulling, the gloves come off and I dry my hands off with a towel. Keep em dry, keep em warm. I have a pair of nitrile coated gloves, that instead of cotton they are nylon. You can get these at places like home depot. They dry faster since they are nylon versus cotton.

Just my .02