View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_rookie View Post
Taking a look at the dfg site regulations:

Rockfish
The recreational fishery for rockfish (Sebastes sp.) is open to divers2 and shore-based anglers year-round (see important NOTE at the end of this section) . This fishery is closed to boat-based anglers as of January 1, 2011. These species may only be taken or possessed4 in waters less than 360 feet (60 fathoms) deep*. The daily bag and possession limit is 10 fish in combination of all species within the RCG Complex (includes all species of Rockfish, Cabezon and Greenlings) per person, with a sub-limit on bocaccio (2 per person, minimum size limit of 10 inches total length, also included in the 10 fish RCG Complex aggregate limit). Yelloweye rockfish, canary rockfish, bronzespotted rockfish, and cowcod may not be retained (bag limit: zero).

4 These fish may be possessed in closed waters only aboard vessels in transit with no fishing gear in the water.

I read it as: I can catch rockfish in water shallower than 360 feet or ummm... have it on my kayak in the bay if no line is in the water and paddling around??... I think.
Rockfish are off limits until March 1st, Lincod are off limits until April 1st, unless you are fishing in Mexican waters. Also to this the Yelloweye, Canary, and CowCod are off limits completely.

In short, if you want to keep rockfish right now you need to take a boat ride to the Islands. The Regs are a little confusing but rockfishing is something I have done a lot of study on.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote