View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
GregAndrew

After a year and a half of reading just about everything I can get my hands or computer screen on about Halibut I will tell you there are lots of great ways to fish for them. And lots of respectable authors that dole out lots of contradictory information. You need to tailor your rod, reel, line, tackle and bait around the place and way you want to fish for them. Some guys move around a lot and some guys will focus on a spot all day. Some guys like a good drift and others prefer to remain nearly still. Some like real deep and others painfully shallow. Some prefer to be entertained by hooking fish all day and others are only looking for one big bite. There are sliding sinkers and sliding trap rigs. Trebble trap rigs, single trap rigs and no trap rigs. Skirts, hoochies and naked bait. Bounce ball, Spreader bar and Spider rigs. Any number of live bait choices. All of these things work when used in the right combination and some will even work in the wrong combination. The main thing is that you have to pick a style that you are comfortable trying for hours on end. And don't write off any options just because they did not work today.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote