Thread: The double
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
deepdvr

The double

Ok, since everyone else is posting up I'll join in the fun and show off a little. Thursday was the fishiest day I've ever encountered at LJ. The water was warm, there was no wind, bait was popping and everything alive was on the chew. I knew it would be a good day when I was even catching Calico's on my sabiki.

Got my WSB pretty early on. I've never stuck one that small before but I had relatives coming into town over the weekend and it was time to secure dinner. Came in at a scrappy 34 pounds.

Now came the decision, get the fish on ice or keep fishing for YT. I told myself I'd just spend a little time looking.

Finally, it was time to head in before my WSB got cooked on the deck. On the troll back I hear this loud splash and see a brown blob half out of the water where my bait is and I'm thinking....damn dog. Brian (kayakhunter) quickly pointed out that it was a yellow. After a good tug of war I had a 24 lb. yellow secured.

Glad I stayed out. Only bummer was the fact that it was a day before WCW started. It sure would have been nice to have 68 points secured and only needing a 10 lb. + hali to get the 50 point slam bonus for the month.

Last edited by deepdvr; 04-05-2011 at 09:48 AM.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote