View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeman View Post
sorry didnt mean to seam like i didnt like the hobies or o.k.'s its just that in my price range i thought these 2 would be more afordable for me. i think im going to try those out too its just that i dont know that much about choosing the right kayak, being new to it.

how does the stealth paddle?
i like that its 33inches but the tarpon is 14 ft and 28 inches, would 5 inches be a huge difference when out in la jolla?
I have paddled Tarpons, Cobras, and Ocean kayaks, however I have not paddled the malibus or Hobies. From what I do know the Prowlers are fast stable Kayaks I have never felt like I was going to tip. Both the Cobras I had I did feel like I was going to tip a couple of times. The Tarpon was a wet ride in the seat and felt a little tippy to me. I have a buddy that has a Malibu and he says it's very stable. You asked if the 5 inches is a huge difference, well the wider the more stable, and if that's a mental thing for you then you may want to go with the wider kayaks. Malibus are nice yaks, and I was going to get one until Jim Sammons hooked me on O.K.s. It's good that you are testing out the Kayaks, you'll find that you can find Malibus, Tarpons, Cobras, and O.K. for about the same cost if you keep a close watch on CL or on here. Hobies are going to be a little more costly but there's good reason for it.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote