View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
swank

I think Everyone has everything pretty much covered. I wanted to chime in and point out that there is a huge debate over wether or not using compressed air to dry out bearings is beneficial, the general consensus is don't do it. Brakekleen has worked the best for me, If not that, then acetone but it takes a bit longer to dry.
Smoothdrags Carbontex is the go to, or Penn ht100's depending on what reel you might be working on at the time. Dry vs greased is another debate but most go greased with cals or shimano. For spool bearings I tend to go with corrosion-x (I spray it into a small lid then use my worm blower to siphon it up) and lube moving parts with reel-x or Ardent. You can give the reel a nice coat of Corrosion-x by spraying it onto a rag and wiping it on, don't spray it directly on or it'll make the grease run (learned the hard way). This goes a long way to prevent corrosion for those days you forget to rinse your gear off. I dunked a reel and forgot about it for 3 days, no rust (Do not try this lol!!!).
swank is offline   Reply With Quote