Thread: landing net....
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Great landing net- well worth the cost

We had issues with premature catch and release before we started using the LN-702 net from Promar, we went 5 fish for 10 hook-ups on our previous lake Irvine adventure. Now, our fish count has gone up 100%. The 6lb Brown pictured here jumped 14 times before we landed him, most jumps were at least 4 feet high! It was mostly a team effort to land this fish because on the 13th jump I noticed the lure making it's way out of the Brown's huge mouth and I told Roman that this was it and if he wanted to land this fish, now would be a good time! When he made his last and final jump (14th) time seemed to slow down as we watched what appeared to be in slow motion the fish shaking his huge head from side to side throw the lure free of his mouth and we thought it was all over. Fortunately for us, on his way down I extended the net and the prize fell right in! But then the lure also fell in and with the fish thrashing around the treble hooks tangled in the soft net and was a nightmare to remove . It took us longer to untangle and remove the lure than the total fight time of the fish! Well, as you can see our efforts paid off and our relatively small investment in the landing net was a big part of our success, although I recommend spending the extra dollars to get the snag proof net. This time we were 8 for 8 on the Irvine trout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1290618.jpg (67.3 KB, 76 views)
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote