Thread: Hobie Guys
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #37
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
I concur big time.

Me three.

Unfortunately, I think the climate has changed. Especially since we joined in 2005/6.

Whats the middle ground between posting a timely report with exact info, and a bragging report with a decent fish?

Looks @ Franks face in the past 2 reports. Smiles ear to ear, you can just sense the excitement. How can you argue with that?!?

I lean toward posting a report that will help others get on a fish, but its hard when there is so many just trying to ooze info, to then go fish the area/bite that you worked so hard to find.

Look at who's online right now. As I'm typing this, it is 79 guests, and 12 members.

That is rough.

The answer?

I really have no clue.

I'm sure I'm in that majority of the "older" guys, and still trying to figure it out too.

I don't have enough guys with info to chase a "bite", and I don't get out personally enough to get a true picture of where the "bite" is happening.

Don't get me wrong. I have pulled on some fish in my short time yakking, and I LOVE to get out and pull on some fish.

At this point, I fish when I can. Family, work, and life gets in the way of when I would prefer to fish. In this instance, I had the hall pass to fish til 9 am, and I got lucky and was done by 7.

There is too much in life that is greater than to be concerned about than chasing the next big "bite".

Like I said, I'm still trying to figure it out. I really have no opinion of what people should do and not do.

I'll still keep posting reports, and I hope that others do too.

BWE is where I started. Day one I met Dan who watched me farm like 4 Yt) and I met Dennis (who told me to check out BWE)

I'm sure thats how some of you ended up on this site, and I hope you contribute back, in the way that is appropriate to you.

I, for one, Love a detailed timely fish report

For the Lurkers :t he_finger::the _finger:

BTW, the 'lil gal was light for her length and width. A Measly 41.8 7/8 lbs is what she went. I was guessing fiddy, cuz she went ballistic and kicked my ass on the yak shortly after sticking the gaff in her.

Halibut are mean, and literally want to kill you.

Fun times for sure
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote